Hillsborough Educators Association-Retired
3102 N. Habana Avenue, Tampa, Florida 33607
(Affiliated with AFT Retired, NEA Retired & FEA Retired)
HEA-R Newsletters 2018
HEA-R Newsletters 2017
- HEA-R Reporter – September 2017
- HEA-R Reporter – October 2017
- HEA-R Reporter – November 2017
- HEA-R Reporter – December 2017
HEA-R Newsletters 2015
- HEA-R Reporter – January 2015
- HEA-R Reporter – February 2015
- HEA-R Reporter – March 2015
- HEA-R Reporter – April 2015
- HEA-R Reporter – May 2015
HEA-R Newsletters 2014
- HEA-R Reporter – January 2014
- HEA-R Reporter – February 2014
- HEA-R Reporter – March 2014
- HEA-R Reporter – April 2014
- HEA-R Reporter – May 2014
- HEA-R Reporter – June 2014
- HEA-R Reporter – July 2014
- HEA-R Reporter – August 2014
- HEA-R Reporter – October 2014
- HEA-R Reporter – November 2014
- HEA-R Reporter – December 2014
Message from the HEA-R President
For those of you who are already retired, ready to retire, or just thinking about your future retirement, I want to invite you to join the retired branch of the Hillsborough Classroom Teachers Association (HCTA). We are affiliated with AFT-R, NEA-R, and FEA-R. We reap the benefits of all of these organizations. I want to highlight a few of the many benefits available with your membership.
- Medicare Supplements and Long Term Care Insurance are available from NEA-R at very low monthly premiums (members qualify for these benefits regardless of previous health issues).
- An FEA-R Access card provides many opportunities to save on item purchases, car rentals, dining establishments, etc. (use your access card two or three times in a year and you will recover your very low yearly dues costs).
- Through AFT-R there are many cost savings on hotels/motels, car rentals, mortgages, travel packages, retail shopping, and computer software.
- You receive enlightening publications from FEA-R, NEA-R, and AFT-R. These publications connect you with other retirees and provide you with information on thousands of resources, vacation sites, and leisure activities.
(Any union sponsored benefits programs you now enjoy will be cancelled if you do not join these retired groups.)
- Providing interesting and fun activities for our members.
- Supporting lobbying efforts for improved pension and insurance coverage.
- Providing information on issues of concern to retired educators.
- Building camaraderie among active and retired educators.
- Helping protect retiree services and benefits.
- Remaining involved in efforts to improve education.
We normally meet at 10:00 AM on the third Wednesday of each month during the school year. Meetings include guest speakers who cover subjects of interest which have been chosen annually by our members. Nearly half of our meetings are held somewhere in the community at interesting locales that we were unable to visit while working. We have toured the USF Botanical Gardens, David Starz Center, Florida Aquarium, Port of Tampa via catamaran, TECO’s Manatee Viewing Center, WEDU and WFLA television studios, and Ybor City & Museum. We also have an annual picnics at a local park. After most meetings, those who can fit it into their schedule go to lunch at a nearby restaurant.
Whether we are listening to an informative speaker or visiting an interesting location, we always have as an objective to remain educationally informed and to enjoy time together among friends who have a continuing love of education.
I strongly encourage you to become a part of our group. And, I truly look forward to having you join us! If you would like more information, contact me at (813) 960-0165 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
John Manning, President, HEA-R