Hillsborough Educators Association-Retired
3102 N. Habana Avenue, Tampa, Florida 33607
(To see recent HEA-R Newsletters scroll down the page.)
**Affiliated with AFT Retired, NEA Retired & FEA Retired**
Application due date 10/31/2020 Click here for the application and instructions for applying.
Message From The HEA-R President
For those of you who are already retired, preparing to retire, or just thinking about your future
retirement, I want to invite you to join the retired branch of the Hillsborough Classroom Teachers
Association (HCTA). We are affiliated with FEA-Retired, NEA-Retired & AFT. We reap the benefits of
all of these organizations.
I want to highlight a few of the many benefits available with your membership.
• Medicare Supplements, Dental, Vision & Long-Term Care Insurance are available from NEA-R at very
low monthly premiums. (Members qualify for these benefits regardless of previous health issues.)
• An FEA Access card provides many opportunities to save on item purchases, car rentals, dining
establishments, etc. (Use your access card two or three times in a year and you will recover your very
low yearly dues costs.)
• Through AFT there are many cost savings on hotels/motels, car rentals, mortgages, travel packages,
retail shopping and computer software.
• You receive the enlightening publications from FEA, NEA, and AFT. These publications connect you
with other retirees and provide you with information on thousands of resources, vacation sites, and
Any union sponsored benefits programs you now enjoy, as an active member will be cancelled if you
choose to not join our HEA-R group.)
- Providing interesting and fun activities for our members.
- Supporting lobbying efforts for improved pension and insurance coverage.
- Providing information on issues of concern to retired educators.
- Building camaraderie among active and retired educators.
- Helping protect retiree services and benefits.
- Remaining involved in efforts to improve education.
We normally meet at 10:00 AM on the third Wednesday of each month during the school year. Meetings include
guest speakers who cover subjects of interest which have been chosen annually by our members. Nearly half of
our meetings are held somewhere in the community at interesting locales. For example, we have toured the USF
Botanical Gardens, David Straz Center, The Florida Aquarium, Port of Tampa via catamaran, TECO’s Manatee
Viewing Center, WEDU and WFLA Television studios and Ybor City and museum. We also have an annual
picnic at a local park and a holiday luncheon in December. After most meetings, those who can fit it into their
schedule go to lunch at a nearby restaurant.
Whether we are listening to an informative speaker or visiting an interesting location, we always have as an
objective to remain educationally informed and to enjoy a fun time together among friends who have a
continuing love of education.
I strongly encourage you to become a part of our group. And, I truly look forward to having you join us! If you
would like more information, contact me at: cell: (813-317-7660) or via email at candyLgale@gmail.com
Candy L. Gale, President, HEA-R
HEA-R Newsletters 2020
- HEA-R Reporter – January 2020
- HEA-R Reporter – February 2020
- HEA-R Reporter – March 2020
- HEA-R Reporter – April 2020
- HEA-R Reporter – May 2020
- HEA-R Reporter – June 2020
- HEA-R Reporter – July 2020
- HEA-R Reporter – August 2020
- HEA-R Reporter – September 2020
HEA-R Newsletters 2019
- HEA-R Reporter – January 2019
- HEA-R Reporter – February 2019
- HEA-R Reporter – March 2019
- HEA-R Reporter – April 2019
- HEA-R Reporter – May 2019
- HEA-R Reporter – June 2019
- HEA-R Reporter – July 2019
- HEA-R Reporter – August 2019
- HEA-R Reporter – September 2019
- HEA-R Reporter – October 2019
- HEA-R Reporter – November 2019
- HEA-R Reporter – December 2019
HEA-R Newsletters 2018
- HEA-R Reporter – January 2018
- HEA-R Reporter – February 2018
- HEA-R Reporter – March 2018
- HEA-R Reporter – April 2018
- HEA-R Reporter – May 2018
- HEA-R Reporter – June 2018
- HEA-R Reporter – July 2018
- HEA-R Reporter – August 2018
- HEA-R Reporter – September 2018
- HEA-R Reporter – October 2018
- HEA-R Reporter – November 2018
- HEA-R Reporter – December 2018
HEA-R Newsletters 2017
- HEA-R Reporter – September 2017
- HEA-R Reporter – October 2017
- HEA-R Reporter – November 2017
- HEA-R Reporter – December 2017